Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Rain Dance Time

Last night, a series of rain storms traversed the state from west to east. They passed about 10 miles to our north, and I talked to one guy who said it rained for 3-4 hours. We didn't get a drop.

Tonight, a series of lighter showers crossed the state about 10 miles to our south...and once again we didn't get a drop.

Since the long range forecast predicts no rain for at least a week, it appears I'll be dragging sprinkler hoses around the yard again tomorrow.

I might need smelling salts when the water bill arrives!

1 comment:

friar tuck said...

We're supposed to get T-showers all week here in upstate NY. I'm just taking a break from fencing in the garden. Didn't really plan on it, but the rabbits are back with a vengeance! They ate a whole row of bush beans and half of my pole beans last night, and had lettuce for dessert. I'm collecting rabbit recipes, and even planning to pressure-can a bunch of the critters. They oughtta taste real good after eating all that choice produce!
After I finish the fence I have to rreplant the beans and then come back in the house to do some more primer on the kitchen walls and ceiling.
Had more time before I retired!
:-)