Thursday, June 18, 2009

Another Internet Hoax

Last week, there was a report from Cleburne, TX about a record Diamondback rattlesnake that was found on the municipal golf course. It supposedly matched the 9'1" snake that has held the record for years, and was also considerably heavier.

Today, the news is that the whole thing was a hoax. Not that I'm hoping for a record rattlesnake anywhere near, but I wonder what it is that makes people do things like that?

Knock on wood, but I have yet to see any kind of snake in our development. A flattened blacksnake on the county road a mile from here, is the only one I've seen, and I'd like to keep it that way. I know tame hogs will kill snakes, so maybe the numerous wild hogs keep the population down. If so, that's about the only thing they're good for.

No comments: