Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tea Party Eve

Here I sit on the eve of the biggest nationwide political protests since the sixties, pondering what it means to me personally, but more importantly what it means to the future of our country. Some critics are making snide jokes about the futility of such an event as a modern day tea party, while others fear it’s the beginning of the breakup of the union of states. I don’t know what it will be, but I think it will at last make the evening news in the leftist controlled media.

I’m amazed when I realize I’m going to be a tiny part of such an event and I wonder if the movement will fizzle, or if it will actually be the spark to light the fire that pushes a return to constitutional government.

I’ve attended political rallies before, but they were always pro-candidate and pro-policy, not anti-government, or anti-anything. My life has always consisted of being the quiet person sitting in the back of the room…never seeking attention, but now I’m expected to be a voice of discontent in a choir demanding freedom from federal despotism. I have a lot to learn about political protest and not much time to learn it, so I suspect that once again I’ll be the quiet one standing in the back of crowd, adding to the headcount, but not the protest’s volume.

I’m glad to see that Governor Rick Perry has finally joined the fray, but I wish he had been out front leading instead of waiting to see which way the wind was blowing before committing. He has become a poster boy of Republican inability to express the party’s core principles and to fight for them publicly…but he has great hair!

No comments: