Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Jury Duty

It's getting to the point where I despise having to appear for jury duty, but tomorrow I have to do it again. I doubt I'll be selected to sit on a jury since any questioning by the lawyers will certainly bring out my bad attitude.

The Tufted Titmouse eggs must have hatched. I saw mama bird entering the hollow tree with a mouth full of bugs. The backyard Bluebirds are still feeding, but the front yard family must have fledged. If things go as usual, they should be sitting on eggs again within a couple of weeks.

It was a busy day yesterday. I got the lawn mowed and trimmed, sprayed some weeds and poison ivy, and treated a bunch of fire ant hills. I hate using poisons of any kind, but some things just won't respond to organic treatment...especially fire ants.

Judy bought a bunch of flowers and shrubs this week. I put them all on the patio until I get a chance to plant them, and that sure made the chameleons happy. They were having a difficult time hiding when there were very few plants, but now the little critters are crawling all over the place, changing colors and showing off their red throats.

1 comment:

RitaSV said...

So how did it go?