Friday, April 3, 2009

I Despise Tax Time!

I spent most of the day working on taxes again, and it looks like I'll have to call the IRS to explain something next week. Maybe I can get Treasury Sec. Tim Geithner to help me figure out how to enter information from Schedule K-1 on a 1040. He should be an expert by now.

H&R Block TaxCut software can't figure it out and it tells me I should contact a tax expert if I have a problem. I thought that's what I paid for when I bought their software, but it appears that's not the case.

After tiring of the tax battle, I decided to go out and cut down the oak tree that died in the back yard. I've been waiting for a calm day and this was the first such day in a couple of weeks. The tree was located in an area that didn't give me much room to fell it and if things weren't perfect, it would hit the fence or another nearby tree. I managed to drop it exactly where I wanted it and only damaged one small branch on an adjacent tree. At least something went right today.

No comments: