Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday

I'm sure you've noticed my lack of entries lately. That seems to be normal for the other blogs I visit, so I guess I'm normal, but I still feel guilty for not being more diligent. We've had company all week, so I'll just blame them for not having the time to come up with any profound comments.

When all else fails, I suppose I can give a weather report, since I do spend an inordinate amount of time following weather happenings around the country. Just for the record, we're expecting our second night of twenty-some degrees, so winter hasn't given up yet. It's been windy, too.

I can report that Operation Tea Bag is gathering steam and even Facebook now has a group called the American Tea Party. Seems like lots of people are concerned about the fate of the country and are using a similar theme to vent their frustration.

On the nature front...the bluebirds are busy building a nest in the birdhouse, and the feeders are still busy. Lots of migrating birds dropping in for a snack on their way north. A couple of squirrels have been tempted to visit the feeder, but there is a long stretch of open ground between the feeder and the nearest tree, so they are respecting the dogs. Bonnie likes to chase them, but doesn't get into the sport like Dakota did. Dakota absolutely loved chasing squirrels and had a special bark that told us when she had one treed. I dearly miss that dog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi....always good to read your entries. With single digit temps here lately and fresh snow from the storm last Thursday we are not seeing any bare ground yet. I am jealous of your reports of growing things and bird sightings :o)_
Jeremy was driving through southern Texas yesterday on his way to a filming project in South Carolina. He and another guy were driving the equipment truck over, non stop, taking turns sleeping and driving. It is a project featuring the band Metalica. They already filmed the first part in Sacramento earlier and now film the last part this week in SC. He hoped to be able to take a little more time driving back the end of this week. I gave him your phone # in case they decide to take the upper interstate back. They may not have any real time to sidetrack on their way home either. He has a job starting next Monday in LA so he hopes to be back there by Sunday at the latest.