Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Wheelbarrow Time

After a few days of cold weather, we’re back to spring temperatures and now it’s time to get my outdoor spring cleaning and planting underway.

I ordered sixteen yards of enriched topsoil to place under the remaining seven pallets of St. Augustine sod that will be delivered on Friday. The soil arrived this morning and I’ve been hauling and spreading all day, but hardly made a dent in the pile. I hope there’s enough left over to fill a couple of flower beds, since the mixture of red clay and sand in them now doesn’t contain much nourishment.

I’ll probably have to roll out of bed tomorrow morning, if the way my muscles feel tonight is any indication.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!