Thursday, March 26, 2009

Catching Up

Seems like I move from one excuse to another not to keep my blog up. Last week it was putting in the lawn, and now I have a bad cold that Judy was nice enough to bring home with her from Wichita Falls. Despite feeling lousy, I spent most of the day working on our income tax return. If I could have one wish, it would be that everyone who worked for the federal government…especially member of Congress and the Senate…would be required to fill out their own income tax.

I’m sure you’ve all seen the video of, Daniel Hannan , the British MEP who lambasted PM Gordon Brown this week. He’s been a guest on several of the Fox News talk shows and his YouTube video is among the most watched. Too bad we don’t have anyone in our corner with the ability to speak to America’s Liberals in such a precise, articulate, scathing manner.


Looks like the middle-class tax cut that Obama insisted we would get, is missing from the budget bill moving through the House of Representatives. Why am I not surprised?

Peaceful Tea Parties are being held around the country, some with thousands of taxpayers in attendance, yet there is no coverage in the mainstream media. I'm not surprised by that either.

From 'The inmates are running the asylum' news: California is considering legislation that will make it illegal for auto manufacturers to sell black, and other dark colored cars in the state. Yep, it’s another green idea to save energy. I wonder if dark green will be among the illegal colors?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of that old quote...
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are ‘I’m from the government and I’m here to help." ~ Ronald Reagan

They are having a tea party at the Westlake Center here on April 15th. I'm hoping to be able to attend and bring some friends with....

I had put off watching that video criticizing the PM because I had felt so sorry for him because of the rude way Obama had treated him. I'm glad, now, that I watched it. Daniel Hannan is brilliant! Perhaps we could clone him?