Monday, February 2, 2009

Catching up

"Change we can believe in"...still waiting.

After all the hype and promises, we're getting more of the same. Democrats are working overtime feeding their supporters pork...while the tax scandals continue. Time for the tar and feathers.

We had our first heavy rain of the year last night. Two inches came down in about twenty minutes amid a noisy display of thunder and lightning. The spring weather pattern is starting and I'm happy! Did I mention that I'm getting anxious for spring to arrive?

I painted the last of our kitchen cabinet doors today, so they should be ready to hang tomorrow. One more item to scratch off the honey-do list. Judy is out of town for a few days, so I might get to scratch off a few more items before she thinks of something else.

The bluebirds are busy building a nest in the birdhouse already. Since they're getting an early start, they should be able to raise at least three broods. One year, a pair started early and raised four broods in one of our birdhouses.

Other birds are getting fat at the feeders. Some are about ready to start north, so I guess they're storing up for the flight. I've already seen several flocks of Robins passing through.

Almost time to order another load of topsoil and the last seven pallets of St. Augustine sod I need to finish the lawn. That should take about three days to put down and then I'm going to sit back and enjoy playing for a while. Maybe do some things on the convertible so it's ready for cruising season.

Did I mention I'm getting anxious for spring to arrive?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am SO JEALOUS! Here I have been doing the happy dance with temps above freezing and actually up to 47' last Sat. I would LOVE to see those birds and think about planting things. Oh well....no one is forcing me to live in MN :o)
So happy for you that you are getting nice weather and rain. Ours will be here eventually.....