Saturday, July 25, 2009

Garage Projects

After two years, I'm finally getting my garage in condition to be useful.

I gave up on going cheap with the storage cabinets and work bench. I had planned on building them all myself, but there isn't enough time in the day to accomplish all my projects, so I bought three three-drawer base cabinets from Lowes. Now I can begin to store things properly.

The past few days I installed door openers on both doors and installed an overhead interior door between the parking area and my workshop. I also removed some temporary shelving, and now I can cut a hole in the wall to install a room air conditioner/heater. That will give me a bunch of extra days to work on other projects without sweating or freezing to death.

Next on the list is either painting the floor, or installing some type of flooring in the workshop. I really like the rubber, interlocking tiles, but they are expensive. However, epoxy paint isn't cheap either and it's a lot more work. Not sure which way to go yet, but that decision can wait for a while.

3 comments:

Castle said...

I hear the Rustoleum Garage Floor Paint is pretty nice.
Depends on the sqft, but I think you can do a 2 car for around $150.00

RitaSV said...

How exciting! It must be so nice to have your own space to work on projects in. I would love to have a dedicated craft room but it doesn't look like that will happen any time soon. I'll have to sell LOTS of stuff on my Etsy sight first! LOL

friar tuck said...

Would you like to check out my barn aand two shop/storage buildings next? They could use some orginizational activity!
:-)