Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Catching Up and Filling Space

Seems like I have days when nothing happens to write about and no matter how hard I try, I can't come up with a subject to comment on, so I'll do the potpourri routine one more time...but probably not the last.

I haven't wasted one minute watching the Supreme Court nominee hearings. The Republicans should have done the country a favor and called for an immediate vote. She'll be confirmed and the state-run media won't report on her unconstitutional behavior, so why waste everyone's time and money.

Wonder how long it will be before someone gets angry enough to resort to civil disobedience to protest the pillaging of the nation's wealth. I follow a couple of forums where tactics are being discussed for the day it hits the fan. Scary!

I still haven't read Glenn Beck's Common Sense. I've been trying to finish a novel that puts me to sleep before I can read more than a couple of chapters. At this rate, it might be a month before I finish.

The hot weather has pretty much kept me indoors lately. I manage to go out every hour or so to move the sprinklers, but I haven't been able to do much actual work outside. Despite all the watering, the grass looks burned. The forecast is for rain on Friday and I hope they're right.

Took the old truck to the air conditioner shop today. The last place that charged the unit put in too much refrigerant, which caused some ungodly sounding harmonics when the fan was on high. It works great now.

Picked a dozen nice tomatoes yesterday and the vines are full again today. I've given a bunch away and we still can't keep up with the rate of production. Last year nothing and this year a glut.

No comments: