Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Home Sweet Home







Here are a few pictures of the house and yard. Even though the flowers aren’t impressive yet, the grass is as green as it’s going to get. As the spring rains begin to slack off, I have to start watering and the price of water went up a substantial amount last year, so I’ll only be watering enough to keep everything alive.

The mounds that I planted flowers on are actually symbols of my laziness. I raked all the rocks and branches into piles and covered them with dirt. We tell visitors that they are Caddo Indian burial mounds and we couldn’t bring ourselves to destroy them.

I’ll be cutting back on my yard work for a while. I had to visit the doctor today so he could drain a half-cup of fluid from my elbow. He said it was bursitis caused by shoveling too much. It won’t hurt my feelings to have a legitimate reason to stay out of the yard for a couple of weeks.

2 comments:

RitaSV said...

Wow! What a beautiful home you have. I can understand why your elbow went on strike. Jeepers, thats a lot of work! Put your feet up and find yourself a good book to read, you've earned it!

Hope you're feeling better very soon.

Anonymous said...

I think a couple of tractor trailer tires or a bath tub would look quite sporting in the yard.

It really does scream for a garden gnome. I doubt a jockey could be found.

For SURE y'all need a boot scraper outside the door. It is kinda mandatory in the country.