Monday, December 8, 2008

Let there be lights!


Finally got all the Christmas lights up, so I’ll post a photo of my efforts before the thunderstorms hit tonight.

I don’t know why the camera takes such fuzzy pictures. It used to take outstanding pictures, but something is amiss with either the camera or the operator…probably the operator.

I also got the bird feeders up today. I’ve seen quite a few Goldfinches around this week, so maybe we’ll attract some of them to the thistle feeder. They seem to be the only birds that like thistle seeds.

The other feeder has a mixture of sunflower seeds, cracked corn and millet, so there should be several bird species feeding from it.

There aren’t nearly as many Cardinals here as there were in Denton, so I don’t know if we’ll attract as many to our feeders. At the old house, we’d have as many as a dozen male Cardinals feeding at one time. There are loads of Titmice and Chickadees in the woods around us, so we should have a bunch of them hanging around. The Chickadees are my favorites, but they usually grab a single sunflower seed and fly off to eat it, so I can’t watch them as much as I’d like.

It will be interesting to see if we attract different birds in this part of the state.

1 comment:

My name is Erin. said...

We've had quite a few little visitors to our apartment's deck these last few days. I've never been much of a bird watcher, so I have no idea what type they are. They seem "chickadee-ish". Ha! I've been thinking about putting up a bird feeder. When my daughter, Abrielle, sees them, she quotes the nursery poem, "Once I saw a little bird come hop, hop, hop." Then I finish, "so I said, little bird, won't you stop, stop, stop?" I'd love to actually get to finish the poem someday before the bird flies away.