Thursday, December 18, 2008

Bah...Humbug!

The weather is still foggy, misty, drizzly, and miserable. Only the temperature has improved, and now I've managed to catch a chest cold.

I had planned on getting so many things done before Christmas, but now I only want to sit around and feel sorry for myself as I cough and wheeze my way through the day.

I went shopping yesterday, and that was another exercise in futility. If the economy is so bad, why are the stores out of so many things? Even the card racks in the Hallmark store had empty spaces. Their comment?..."We didn't expect much business, so we didn't order enough cards."

I also tried buying some American made ammunition for my .223 caliber "2nd Amendment statement", but they were all out and didn't know when they would get more. Their comment?..."Ever since the election, we can't keep up with the demand for guns and ammo. Everything is back-ordered."

Even the grocery shelves at WalMart were out of many of the things I normally buy. Another common gift item at an upscale store, was completely out of stock. Their comment?..."We didn't expect such a big demand, so we didn't order enough."

I wish the media would just shut up and let the market work. They obviously have no idea what's actually going on out here.

No comments: