Saturday, January 2, 2010

The New Year Begins

Thank goodness, the world is slowly drifting back into normal mode. I managed to spend the entire first day of 2010 without seeing a single parade float, without watching a single down of football, and especially, not suffering through yet another pre-recorded recap of the 2009 news headlines.

Our holiday dinner included black-eyed peas and cabbage, so we’ve now complied with Texas tradition in the food department. Well, not exactly. We didn’t have tamales, but I think that tradition is a late add by illegals anyway, and probably doesn’t officially count. No matter, since I’m not fond of tamales we’ll pretend that’s the case.

The house was also clean when midnight arrived, so we won’t be cursed with a dirty house for the rest of the year. And except for the tree, our Christmas decorations are down and packed away.

Now, I hope we can begin a new week with all the usual radio and Fox News personalities back in harness, refreshed, and ready to go. I haven’t heard if Rush will be back on Monday, but he probably will, since he said the chest pains were not related to his heart.

I love turning the calendar at the end of the year, and can hardly wait for the spring flowers in February and the hummingbirds in early March. Meanwhile, I’m taking care of our feathered winter visitors. I bought a new thistle seed feeder for the Goldfinches and another two-level feeder for the rest of the seed eaters.

Only one resolution this year. I resolve to work harder to return Constitutional law to the country.

No comments: