Monday, January 31, 2011

Goodbye Spring...Hello Winter!

When I lived in North Dakota, we used to joke about the weather, saying if you didn't like it, just wait a minute and it will change. While that was somewhat true, I learned that Texas does it in spades.

From a balmy 73F the past two days, we are expecting heavy thunderstorms tonight...to be followed by possible snow, before temperatures drop into the high teens Tuesday night.

The gas company came out this morning to hook up the propane line to my new generator, so I now have fuel to burn. The electrician was supposed to call me last week to set up an appointment to install the wiring, but so far I haven't heard anything from him. I suppose the coming storm will cause a power outage and the backup system won't be ready for use. I can run an extention cord from the generator to the house, but that will only power lights and a few other things. Better than nothing, but it would be nice to have the full system on line.

No comments: